The word of the day is tart! One of my favorites for the Thanksgiving season: pumpkin tarts. Usually I just buy a small back in the store, but I’m wondering if I could manage a copycat recipe. Specifically one that would be good for those on Weight Watchers or needing to watch their sugar intake.
Weight Watchers Pumpkin Pie Tarts
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 17 mins
Total time: 27 mins
- 1 Can 100% Pumpkin Puree
- ½ Cup Monk Fruit In The Raw (a sweetener for baking)*
- ¾ Cup Skim Milk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Pie Crusts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In large bowl mix together all ingredients except for pie crust until well blended. Set aside.
- Using small round cookie cutter, cut circles of pie crust out for each tart.
- Place crust into mini muffin pan or tart pan and press down to create shell.
- Fill each crust with 1-1 ½ Tablespoons pumpkin puree
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until pumpkin puree is set and crust is golden.
- Chill and serve alone, with a sprinkling of crushed pecans or a dollop of whipped cream or sugar-free cool whip.
- Each tart is 1 Weight Watchers Point.
*I wonder if Torani sugar-free syrup would work just as well. I recently purchase the sugar-free brown sugar cinnamon flavor for a family member. I might give that a try with this recipe. Just remember with Torani syrup, a little goes a long way. Torani also has a sugar-free pumpkin pie flavor. I’ll update you on how it turns out…that is, when I get around to making them!